Monday, April 26, 2010

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Since my first dietary challenge was to cut out white flour, I decided to try a recipe using my new whole wheat flour and fell upon this: Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins.

I don't know why, but I've had this need to bake lately! So I headed to my kitchen Saturday morning and created these scrumptious little servings of whole wheat goodness. I liked this recipe because it didn't call for any sugar! I also tweaked the recipe a bit to get rid of the all-purpose flour.

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
3/4 cup vanilla soymilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries
2 TBSP brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Beat milk, oil, honey and egg together till blended. Stir in
flour, baking powder and salt until just moistened
3. Fold in blueberries
4. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray and divide batter
5. Sprinkle each muffin with mixed brown sugar and cinnamon
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean



Cannot WAIT for my new camera. Anyway, these turned out to be sooo goodddd! I also worked out the nutritional information and at 165 calories, they came pretty close to the given caloric value of 170. I was impressed. My grandmother liked these so much, she asked me for a copy of the recipe. Now that's when you know something is good!

I've been on the search for a new race (to prove to myself that I can do better than the last) and I think I've found one next weekend in Pittsburgh that I might sign up for. The only thing is, I'm going to Pittsburgh that weekend for my birthday bonanza! So we'll have to see how this one turns out. Trust me, I'll let you know.

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment