Friday, April 16, 2010

Bad Decisions

So tired! I'm just about to go to bed, but I thought I would recap my day first. I'll start by admitting to a hugeee mistake last night: Drunken Taco Bell. Ahhhh Taco Bell always gets me with their amazingly delicious grade D beef! In my alcoholic stupor, I wound up in car bound for the drive through and ordered a tortada for me and a 7 layer burrito for the boyfriend. Turns out tortadas suck, so I devoured only half of that followed by ALL of boyfriend's burrito. Oops.

Now here are my feelings on this. First of all, I don't feel too badly about it considering I didn't eat much during the day - not intentionally, I just wasn't that hungry. However, I am in total agreement that fast food is just plain unhealthy for you and should be avoided at all costs. I don't eat out that much, but when I do it's usually during a similar drunk moment. One of those things you wake up and remember the next day with a resounding "ewwwww". I definitely need to stop doing this. Therefore, I am making it official.

ALYCIA'S HEALTFUL EATING RULE NUMBER ONE:
Never, under any circumstances, go to Taco Bell drunk
 
I'm going to keep a running list of all these rules and try resiliently to follow them. I need to think of other, healthy things to replace them with. For instance, instead of going to devour some TB like it's my job, I can go home and make a yummy, healthy quesadilla! Yeahhhh I'm totally going to try that next time. I just hate feeling like I've ruined all the good I've done, but I promised to be completely honest in this little endeavour and I plan to divulge every horrible decision I make (as embarassing as it may become). Does anyone else have a terrible food weakness like mine? I sure would like to hope so!

In other news, one of my personal favorite blogs, The Fitnessista, is collecting smoothie recipes!!! Yay!! I love smoothies! All entries have to be emailed to her by Monday and although I've been trying to get creative, I think I'm just going to submit my all-time favorite fallback - the Almond Butter Banana Smoothie.

You take some of this:

And you get this!


Mmmmm so good! I know it's not very originial, but it's just so freaking delicious! Here's the actual recipe.

Almond Butter Banana Smoothie
1 medium sized banana
1/2 cup milk of choice
1/2 scoop chocolate protein
1 spoonful of almond butter

Blend all the above ingredients together and drink in the satisfaction. Yum!

The only thing left for me to do is list what I've eaten today! I haven't really been sitting down for a meal since I've been traveling to get home most of the day so there aren't any pictures (my visual log is falling apart already!). It looks like a simple bulleted list is in order!
  • 3 pink lady apples
  • 1 banana
  • Almond Butter Banana Smoothie
  • Small bowl of Zuppa
  • Salad with Italian Dressing
  • 2 Breadsticks (bread is my kryptonite!)
  • 2 decent sized brownies
  • a few spoonfuls of cool whip
  • 2 pretzel candies that my mom makes because they're delicious and I can never turn them down
  • 1 Doo-see-doo girl scout cookie
Hmm... I think that's everything! I was doing good until I got home, but trust me I feel no guilt since I only come home like once a year and my mother's cooking is to DIE for. Mmmmmm!

Well, that's all I've got for now. Tomorrow = shopping and a run! I can't wait to scope out the Ross! Totally excited. Catch ya on the flipsideee and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment