Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fooooood

This is gonna be another long post, let's start off with all the yummy food I completely destroyed today! I love my days off for the sole fact that I can cook dinner lol is that sad?

My cookies turned out scrumptiously! In fact, I ate three today haha I just couldn't help myself. So here's the recipe I used in case you want to enjoy these awesome vegan power protein cookies!


Peanut Butter Oat Protein Cookies
2 mashed bananas
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tbsp almond butter
2 scoops protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon

First mash up your bananas in a bowl


Then add in your oats


Then the rest of the ingredients!


Mix it all together, mine looked little thinner than Ali's at VeganBooty, but it still tasted great! (Uh yeah of course I tried it!)


The recipe said to form it into four cookies, but I ended up with ten! I was fine with that though, it goes well with my addiction to child-sized food. I like thinking I'm eating more than I really am when I have seconds! So I put them all on parchment paper and popped them in my oven preheated to 350 for only 16 minutes (again the recipe called for 20 mins). I think next time I make these, I'm going to put them in for somewhere between 12-14 minutes. They weren't burnt, but I like a softer cookie.


Mmmmmmm so good! I ate two directly out of the oven and one right before my run, gotta love cookie fuel lol. After my baking fit, I ran over to Best Buy to check out cameras - if you couldn't tell, I definitely need a new one - and then I stopped by my cousins for a few where I snacked on a couple small dark chocolate easter eggs without hesitation. Thankfully, I threw a few Clif bars into my purse so I ate the Honey Graham one on the way home. Seriously, if all the Clif bars taste this good, I'm gonna have to look into ordering them at wholesale!


For dinner, I was originally supposed to grab something and eat with my boyfriend at his work, but we ended up just eating separately and watching a movie later in the night. I was more than okay with that since I really wanted to try Girl Meets Health's Cheesy Shrimp and Broccoli Casserole and the boy hates shrimp for some crazy reason my brain just simply can't process.

I took a little of this


and a little of that


mixed it all together


and got this!


You know, I think I'm gonna give today an A+ in the Great Eats compartment. This was pretty darn good! I liked it even more because it was quick and easy to make. There are a few tweaks I'll probably make to it next time which will more than likely be next week! Fingers crossed (:

After dinner, I ran over and watched Horton Hears a Who with the baby boo! Horton = Awesome. Love that freaking movie. I actually beg my little siblings to watch it with me lol! Once I got home, I was still a bit hungry so I whipped up a cookie in a bowl and topped it with sliced strawberries and whipped cream mmm!



Pretty good if I do say so myself. It was nice to try out a bunch of new things today! I'm so bored with eating the same things over and over and over again. I think blogging will really help me break out of that rut. If I can ever come up with a recipe from right out of my head, I will be so totally impressed with myself! It has to taste good though. Well, actually I'd settle for it just tasting decent.

In running news, I ran 4 MILES - straight! I've run that long before, but only ever on the treadmill and while doing HIIT, but never ever straight through. Talk about being impressed with yourself! I couldn't quite power through the end like I normally do, but when I discovered I ran those four miles in 37:11 I just couldn't believe it! That's faster mileage than I normally run my 3 miles in!! I have no idea how I did it, but it makes me even more eager for my first race on Sunday. Ahh I can't wait!

Thanks to my favoriteeee website, Map My Run, here is the course I ran today:






Seriously LOVE this site. I can't even emphasis it enough. I'm not getting paid to advertise for these people or anything (dude I wish I was!), but it will tell you how fast your running per mile, how many calories you burned, the elevation changes throughout your run and you can even go so in depth as to enter how much water you've had that day, what you ate or what the weather was like. Crazyyy? Yep! I'm not sure I'll ever get THAT intense into running, but still you gotta admit the option is sweet.


Alright alright alright, I'm all blogged out. I'm off to sleep and dream about my new camera! YAY! Finally pictures that will actually look decent! Night lovies

No comments:

Post a Comment