Saturday, April 24, 2010

Responsibility

I've never been one for responsibility. I wouldn't say I'm irresponsible exactly. I've never missed paying on my loan or credit card and if you asked me to hold your purse for you, I definitely wouldn't lose it. But sometimes, I'd really rather do what I want than what I should. Take tonight, for example. Tomorrow I will be running in my very first 5k. I'm wicked excited for it, but at the same time I'm a little bummed  that it's so early in the morning. All of my friends are partying it up at Springfest or Collegefest or this one kid's house whose parents went out of town this weekend.

On the one hand, I know that I should stay in, definitely not drink and probably go to bed early. But on the other hand, I totally want to go out and have some fun - it's Saturday night, people! I know it's not really a big deal, but as I was debating on where I wanted to go out tonight, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm not all that responsible.

It made me think back to the quote I posted earlier today. If you don't make any changes in your life today, how will you expect anything to be different tomorrow?

Taking this into consideration, I've decided to stay in tonight, throw on a movie and pass out by ten. Hey, it may be Saturday night, but it will be Saturday night next Saturday too! And when that day comes, it will DEFINTELY be time for me to get my dance on. A well deserved dance on for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment