Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Day of Recipes

I'm already loving the summer days. More spare time = more time to cook delicious homemade meals! I started my morning off right with some Chocolate Blueberry Protein Pancakes! I nicked this off of The Fitnessista and twisted it a bit to make these yummy pancakes.

Chocolate Blueberry Protein Pancakes
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
2 TBSP Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Mix
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg white
1/2 TBSP cocoa powder
2 TBSP almond milk
Stevia to taste
Chocolate chips
Blueberries

Combine all the dry ingredients together then add the wet. After you've 
poured the batter onto the griddle, add in your chocolate chips and blueberries. 
Flip pancake after 1-3 minutes. Enjoy one huge pancake or a few small ones!


These kept me full for a while! I loved the idea of adding protein powder to bulk them up. The Fitnessista is a genius. (:

After such a glorious breakfast, there was only one thing to do - shop! I still needed to pick up a few things to send momma fit for a (way belated) mother's day package. Of course I had to make the customary stop at TJ Maxx to search for goodies while I was out and there I found this deeeelish snack bar:


Has anybody ever tried one of these before? The ingredient list was really impressive. 


Macadamia nuts, Coconut, Brazil nuts, Glucose syrup, Sultanas, Apricots, Honey, Puffed rice, Sesame seeds


Umm yum? You bet it was! I loved the sweetness the coconut and dried apricot lent to the bar. I might just have to run back and grab a few more. You're the man TJ!

I also picked up a book of vegetarian recipes at the Maxx and that's where I snagged tonight's dinner from. I didn't have everything on hand so I messed with the recipe (that's a first!) and actually, it turned out AHMAZING! Seriously, I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Fafalle with Pumpkin Sauce
2 oz (1 serving) fafalle
1/2 cup pumpkin
3/4 TBSP butter
1 slice of white onion
1/2 cup almond milk
2 TBSP parmesan cheese
parsley to taste

Bring water to a boil and add in the pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes. In
separate pan, heat butter and onions until soft. Add in pumpkin, milk,
cheese and parsley. If you'd like a thinner sauce, add more milk. Combine
pasta and sauce and top with a little more parmesan to taste. 
Devour promptly.


Ahhh so good!! I'm going to make this again next week. That will give me some time to try and figure out a way to trick my boyfriend into eating it. I can be pretty devious when I want to be. This recipe is only one serving though, so if you plan on sharing - double it! Or triple it. Or triple it and don't share it. I could see myself doing that too. I'm starting to think pumpkin might be my all time favorite veggie. 

What's your favorite vegetable? Favorite fruit? Favorite meal?

Well I'm off! Movie time with the boy toy. He's narrowed it down the Fantastic Mr Fox or The Libertine - random choices right? He's lucky he's cute. Love!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh I have some pumpkin to use up and that pasta sounds amazing!! I've heard Fantastic Mr. Fox was a really cute movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we ended up renting The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnasus - it was REALLY GOOD! if you like weird movies or heath ledger (i like both personally), then you should definitely see it (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite Fruit: Berries of ALL varieties
    Favorite Vegetable: Asparagus or Broccoli
    Favorite Meal: Veggie Pizza but I honestly like pepperoni too. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. I added you to my blogroll...I like friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i LOVE new friends and you've totally been added to mine!

    ReplyDelete