Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate Vegan Overnight Oats

I'm really starting to love overnight oats. At first I was pretty sure that eating oats without heating them AND after leaving them in the fridge for 8-10 hours would be about as enjoyable as slinging back chilled slime. Or cold grout. I wasn't too sure on the consistency at that point.

However, this is only my second time experimenting with overnight oats and it is clear that I am hooked. I practically tangoed to my refrigerator this morning with happy expectancy. If you too would like to start your day off dancing, I'd advise you to make these VOO from the lovely OhSheGlow's as soon as possible. The original recipe can be found here, but I had to tweak mine ever so slightly since coconut milk isn't exactly a thing I keep on hand at all times. Though maybe I'll start today.

Chocolate Vegan Overnight Oats
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 + 1/4 cup almond milk
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBSP chocolate protein powder
1 TBSP cocoa powder
1TBSP chia seeds

Mix together all the dry ingredients first before adding the wet ones. Whisk together and
then cover (or not) and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, cha cha to your fridge, 
take out VOO and add whatever fixins you'd like!


I added strawberries, walnuts andddd a little cool whip to mine. Don't even say it - I know I have a problem. But hey, if cool whip is my only vice for the rest of my life I think I'll be okay. This tasted more like dessert than breakfast and that, my friends, is something I certainly do not have a problem with.


Just looking at these pictures is tempting me to make it again for lunch. Which is something I would totally do for more excusable cool whip.

2 comments:

  1. Walnuts & cool whip are a great addition to an already delicious looking breakfast!

    I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete