Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Win For The Home Team!

And I always thought I'd never win anything! But I'll get to that little goodie in a moment. First let's start with breakfast! I woke up early again this morning (8 am) and I'm starting to think something's wrong with me. I'm usually never this accomplished. But I didn't let the moment go to waste, oh no, my friend. I got up and did what any good little health bloggie would do. Hit the gym!

Pre-workout breakfast: A little Dark Chocolate Dreams on some 12 grain toast = delishicious.


Post-workout breakfast: An awesome Green (!) Monster. This is the second time I've made a green monster that actually turned out green! I'm way too over impressed with myself to be totally honest.


Into the blender went:
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 tsp spirulina
  • 1/2 scoop Designer Whey French Vanilla
  • 1 shot of wheatgrass
I've had the wheatgrass for a while but have been too much of a sissy to use it. Final verdict: Couldn't even taste it. Sweet. I love when things work out that way.

At the gym, I banged out the Rock Solid Abs workout from WH that I've been doing for about a week. I seriously love it you guys. If you're looking for a way to spice things up, I'd totally recommend it. (By the way, has anyone seen Ashley Greene on the cover of the last issue? Hot Mama!) After that, I hit the bike for 10.5 miles and called it a workout. Peace gym, time to enjoy my day!

Lunch was another fantabulous wrap. Another of the many things I seem to be getting good at lately. This one was actually the best I've made to date! Take that Tuesday.


In the wrap: garlic scape pesto + a little mayo + turkey + onion + tomato + spinach + mozzarella. Amazing.


Now that I am happily stuffed, it's time for the good news:

I won the Golden Ticket and will be going to the Healthy Living Summit!

I can't even begin to say how totally excited I am. Due to a serious black cat experience on my part, I didn't manage to get a ticket the three times I tried the day they went on sale. I was pretty much resigned that I sadly wouldn't be attending, but I entered the giveaway all the same. I'm gonna have to call it fate. I can't wait to meet all of you who will be going as well! (:

Are you going to HLS? Need a roomie?!

Alright loves of my life, there's miraculously still a full day ahead of me somehow and I've got much to do! Catch up on blogs, bake some cookies, hit up my little cousin's birthday party and maybe even a haunted house - fingers crossed the ghosts don't get me! Have a great day!

31 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congrats that you won!! I really hope I can attend next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so envious, I have yet to make a GREEN green monster! Yours is really really green! Congrats on winning the giveaway. I'm one of those people who never win anything too. Looks like the spell's broken for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting to go to HLS. That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO! I started my day out with a Kashi waffle, and a Nutella and yogurt spread. Delish!

    Let's just stay, I may have a HLS announcement soon. Don't jinx me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wrap looks amazing! and congratulations on your golden ticket! I've been browsing many health/food blogs in the last few days and yours seems to be one of my faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so fab - the sandwich I mean and the Green Monster. What kind of wrap did you use?
    Have fun at HLS - I wish I was going!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning the ticket! I'm so jealous of everyone that is going. :P

    Also that wrap looks killer. Melted cheese + turkey = bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again on winning the ticket, I'm so excited for you! I wish I was going to the HLS as well but I've got another fitness conference that weekend (which is still an awesome conference but it would have been so fun to meet you!)

    Your wrap looks SO tasty... I really need to get a panini press!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMM need to make another wrap soon!!

    had me some cherries too- YUMZOIDS! lol

    CONGRATS ON WINNING!! THATS AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Congrats!

    Two of my fav's....DCD and Green Smoothies!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay you! That's so exciting! Your wrap looks redonkulous by the way

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you won the ticket! I'm jealous, it sounds like a fantastic weekend. I didn't even enter though because I figured I would be the youngest...and thus, most awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!

    I think anything grilled is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Congrats on winning the Golden Ticket, I am SO jeal :( Aghhhh---wish I were going. It will be a great time!!!

    PS--pesto is one of my weaknesses...and Ashley Greene is like super hawt...she looks totally different in her vampire get-up

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh! So exciting you're going to HLS! I SO wish I could go, but I'm going to have to wait and aim for next year.

    Thanks for the link to the abs workout! I've been looking for ways to switch up my routine, so this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow girl, congrats! I wish I was going, but it wasn't in the cards for me this time. I can't wait to see all the recaps though! There better be tons of pictures, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on winning! That is great! Sounds like it should be tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the win! How very exciting. Monster looks yummy! I swear the banana is 100% necessary to mask the green taste. Glad you had such a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. UGH SO JEALOUS!!! i wish i was going to HLS bc i would LOOOOOOOVE to be your roomie!! darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! I never win anything either..so that's incredibly exciting! Hope you have a lot of fun, can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loove a good GM post-workout! And your wrap looks ballin. So jealous of HLS! I expect a full recap!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats! I hope you have an amazing time because you deserve it. That chocolatey toast was calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh woww!!! You lucky duck! Congratulations!! I hope you enjoy yourself there...I mean, what am I saying...of COURSE you'll enjoy yourself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. SOOOO Jealous you are going to HLS!!! AH! I would die to go! Loving that wrap. CHEESSSEEE :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have the new WH but I haven't flipped through it yet. If the workout is that good then I definitely need to try it!

    How did your garlic scape pesto turn out?! I made mine but I don't know what to use it with.. I tried it on celery and it was kind of gnar.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aw congrats, I so wish I was going to HLS! Love the idea of DCD and toast pre-workout - it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the golden ticket! I wish I was going, but it's the weekend I'll be in Honduras this summer. So bummed I'm going to miss it again!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on the ticket.

    Also, you are a warp genius.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw, have so much fun! Wish I could go, but I'll be in Colorado for a wedding that weekend.

    Maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. i NEED that sandwich. and congrats on the win!!! i saw that you won and got so excited!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahhh Dark Chocolate Dreams is like the best thing in this world!!! Yummm!!

    ReplyDelete