Monday, July 19, 2010

Festival Eats Continued

I absolutely loved all of your responses to my last post! I'm glad to know that some of you simply can't run a step without your iPod (like me), but it was also refreshing to know that some of you can throw miles back without a single tune (wow). I wish I could claim that! You all rock (and rock out) ladies!

fresh eats.
Well, I told you I was going to go back to the festival, didn't I? Did anyone figure out my hint earlier? Okay, I'll give it to you again: It sucks. Figure it out yet?


Why calamari, of course! Seriously, there are few things better than fresh made calamari. This stuff melted in my mouth. It was like chewing through butter. I choked down that entire thing in under 3 minutes. I know because I timed myself. And no, that's not weird.

I also got another fab festival food. Potato pizza. Which is never an actual pizza so I'm still unsure why they call it that.


And a side shot for ya.


I had originally planned to take this home and eat it for lunch today, but it got about as far as my car before I shamelessly devoured it. Oops. I'll chalk that down as a "my bad."

Breakfast was another bowl of whipped oats. I told you this would happen. Every day for a week, I promise it. This time, I tried a chocolate variation - with a little added sugar.


A chocolate chickpea brownie from the depths of my freezer. This was completely amazing, as I expected. Such deliciousness for breakfast makes me feel a bit evil. I like it.

For dinner, I tried another zucchini recipe. I'm pretty much drowning in zucchini so get used to it.


Mushroom Stuffed Zucchini. This was so good, I ate an entire half and would have eaten the other half if I hadn't wanted it so badly for lunch (no potato pizza!). I got the original recipe here. Obviously, I didn't add the ham, but everything else is exactly the same. The only thing I would do differently next time is double the filling - but that's because I'm a mushroom addict.

fit happenings.
I feel as though my terribly tough run on Saturday has actually made the rest of my runs easier. Is that weird? Better question, is that possible?

Both yesterday and today I went for short, three mile runs and I finished minutes faster than I normally would. I'm not sure if it's because I'm trying harder or they just seem easier. Today's splits:
  • Mile 1 - 10:26
  • Mile 2 - 9:26
  • Mile 3 - 8:48
Boom. I also did my current favorite full body workout, The Total Body Sesh. Let's just say, I was pretty happy with myself. Thankfully this week is my taper week which works out great because I'm going to Ocean City this weekend! My boyfriend's sister is getting married and a bunch of us are going down for her bachelorette party. I cannot wait to be on the beach! And you know you'll be right there with me (:

Things to look forward to this week:
- Two Reviews!
- Music I run to (Reader Request)
- A look in my FitBook

Instead of asking you a question to end off, I'm turning it around! If you guys have any questions you'd like to ask me, I'm looking to start a Q&A page! I'll answer anything you throw at me, so you can either email me directly at fitnfreshblog@gmail.com or just post them here. Thank you my little blogettes and have a great night (:

32 comments:

  1. That potato "pizza" looks goood. And don't even get me started on those chocolatey oats! Pleeeease make some for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally made stuffed zucchini a few weeks ago and loved it. Can't believe I waited so long. Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on those amazing negative splits! You must have really been wanting to get home towards the end lol :) I had no idea there was such thing as potato pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What!? Omg you are missing out!! I will have to beg my Aunt Sandie for her recipe - this will be resolved by me! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Don't you just love fast runs? Those are some bitchin splits my friend - you should be proud!

    I can't wait to hear all your favorite running tunes - my shuffle has an incredibly eclectic playlist and I love to hear all the awesome songs bloggies run to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go to a festival! That calamari looks to die for!!

    I wish I could run like you do. I really need to stop complaining about how I can't run and start trying to. Have fun in ocean city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is this festival and how can I get my hands on that potato pizza?! Carbs plus carbs equals my favorite things. Yummy. And yay for a great run - my splits never look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gimme dat papa pizza. Ahorita.
    And will you make me that stuffed zucchini? Kthxbye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calamari is the ONLY fried food I will eat. Period. Was never into fried stuff...more of a sweets person ;-) Which brings me to that breakfast...H E L L O!! Haha, I am the same, once I get on a kick, I eat it every day. I need a new playlist, stat. You're a running rockstar, so that's why the rest went well!!!

    Have fun in OC--I assume OCMD? I'm from Philly, so we have OCNJ...but it's boring as heck, and dry... haha...been to OCMD, that was a BLAST...Seacrets?? Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was in Venice in Feb, every bakery had this potato/pizza/bread concoction that called my name. I answered and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    your oats look ah-mazing! i swear everytime i see a recipe for bean infused baked goods i promise myself i am going to make them. i've got all the ingredients for yours in my cupboard so perhaps i shall get to baking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love festival food! Calamari is delish! I've never seen potato pizza before...it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I'm confused as to why that gets called potato pizza. Maybe because they had no idea what to call it so they ran with the first thing that popped into their head.

    I tried calamari once and it was pretty good but since then I have developed an insane love for Octopus and I can never eat one again. They are so freaking cute! Extremely wise looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh geez, why can't I have a festival here so I can indulge in all that amazingness? I haven't had calamari since going veg and I'll be honest, I kind of miss it. One of the only things I miss in the meat world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love getting away with a meal...you know eating something that looks like you shouldn't but is really good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG...that's some awesome food! Have fun this weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOOOOOVE calamari! Have you ever tried preparing it yourself? I made paella once, and had to buy whole squid and clean out their insides so that I could get those beautiful little rings. Let's just say it kind of ruined the I-love-eating-calamari/squid experience. I'm over it now though, thank goodness.

    Those whipped oats look quite tasty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The potato pizza looks heavenly, YUM! The bachelorette party sounds like so much fun - the beach is such a great location too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband and I adore calamari...we served it at our wedding and it was by far the most popular item. If only it was healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want potato pizza. It looks like a potato hot pocket. I love festival food.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yum! all that food looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, bachelorette parties are way to much fun... I need another friend to get engaged pronto :)

    PS-Calamari? YUmmmmmmmmmmMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The summer festivals come to my neighborhood SOON. I can't wait because the calamari is exactly how you describe.

    I have never been to Ocean City. That is gonna be a blast. I love bachelorette parties!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That calamari looks amazing!!! Now I'm totally craving it. And I've never had potato pizza before.. Need to try it!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  25. Woah! So many good eats! Yumm!! That Potato pizza looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. yay for ocean city!!!!!!!!!!! you will have a blast!! Congrats to your boyfriend's sister!! I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed your eats!!! I LOVE calamari, it is so damn good!!!! Yum!!!!

    Have a great day ! Muah!!!!!!! I need to go shopping, cant wait to settle in our new place here and go! WIsh we could shop together!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum,calamari and I go way back. We are totaly BFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow that potato pizza... I WANT TO MAKE THIS !! what is in it... besides potato?

    ReplyDelete
  29. We tricked my brother into eating calamari when he was little and when we told him what it was he threw up all over his shoes. Hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  30. Potato Pizza?! What the heck is that? Why haven't I ever heard of it? And Why haven't I ever had it???

    ReplyDelete